2023 marks the 15th anniversary of Recyke y’bike as a registered charity. These years have seen us go through different locations, challenges, encounters and innumerable bikes…or actually, we do have a number: 30 000 bikes have been donated and refurbished! If we were to put them one in front of the other, they would cover the length of the road from Newcastle to Durham and back: 32 miles of bikes saved from landfill, and redistributed to people in need!
We will celebrate this with a travelling exhibition, starting on April 22, 6pm at Earthlings cafe (NE4 5QR), with music from Osaka Jo and a smoothie-making bike, before moving to our premises in Chester-Le-Street (Ropery Lane DH3 3NN) on April 27th, 6pm, for a second evening of bike memories.
As we look ahead, environmental sustainability is going to be one of our priorities and this fundraising events will help us achieve our goal of £2500 to launch the Reuse&Reduce project in Chester-Le-Street. Each donation will be doubled by the Big Give Campaign.
- enable us to offer new volunteering opportunities to people with no previous knowledge of bikes, who will learn how they are made by taking them apart;
- help us reduce our carbon footprint by reusing and recycling as much as possible;
- bring down costs and consumption, ultimately benefiting our customers and referred people as much as the environment.
Donations to this project will be matched for 7 days from April 20th to April 27th. One donation, twice the impact.
How can I help:
- Donate to our page between April 20 and 27;
- Come to one of our crowdfunding events in Newcastle (April 22, 6pm) and Chester-Le-Street (April 27, 6pm) and donate – remember that the first 10 people who donate over £20 on April 22 will get a free latte or smoothie!
- Get sponsored to ride 32 miles between April 20-27;
- Cycle indoor from Café Beam (NE1 2PA) or Earthlings (NE4 5QR) during April and donate – what can be better than having a second slice of cake without guilt while donating to a good cause?
If you want to take part in the #ride4Recyke 32 miles challenge, you may find the artwork shared on our Facebook page useful to share on your social media. And remember to tag:
@BigGive – Twitter
@BigGive – Linkedin
If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to contact us at email@example.com.
Finally, please pass on this message to anyone you think might be interested in supporting us and having their donation doubled.
Thank you so much for your attention and participation!